Steps to Improve your Photography Skills
- The first one is composition, this is actually the frame of your full picture. It includes the
- thing (place, animal, thing) you want to capture
- the surroundings around that thing
- Ensure that your thing is covering the most part of your frame
- surrounding is clean and does not contain any unwanted thing
Here is an example, Observe the old photo and read further
There is too much of negative space ( -ve space refers to unwanted space) in the frame. Viewer’s focus is shifting between the surrounding and the person.
The new photo is far better and gives a better experience. Am I right?
- The next thing is the Light. Okay, so you don’t need to buy or carry a light here. We are talking about sunlight or electric bulb. Make sure, the light is falling on the thing and not coming from behind. This is super critical as it makes your picture go black. Image (on the left) below shows the best positioning for taking a good picture. Have a look at two pictures on the right side. The difference is light!
- The last thing is the post-processing. You must and should do post-processing pictures of photos captured by you. Hope, you must be doing it as well. There are much free software available. One of them – snapseed. Here is the link to explore more Snapseed
I truly hope that if you follow these three things with your next click. You will see a BIG difference. Do comment, if you want me to write on any topic.
Deepak’s Photo Album – This is a link to my photo album on Flickr.
Do, let me know in comments if you want me to write on any new topic. My old & new blogs are available here – My Little Blog!